Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I'm sick.  That's twice this school year.  Stupid dirty teenagers.  I took today off work and will take tomorrow too.  I only managed to stay awake for about fifteen consecutive minutes at any point today, which doesn't bode well for returning tomorrow.  The dogs are driving me crazy.  They like being nestled up close to my hot, fever-addled body, which just makes me feel worse.  But if I put them in jail they bark and keep me awake.  I haven't trained these rotten creatures for this sort of situation.



*

Yesterday J turned eighteen.  Odd, that, to have a legal adult in place of the child.  She is beautiful and smart.  And delightfully self-conscious and awkward.  I wonder where she gets that latter part from…



*

3 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

J and my youngest were born just a day apart!

Sorry you aren't feeling well - hope you are on the mend soon!

mischief said...

Happy birthday to him too! Thanks, I'm going back to work today (finally). I still feel like garbage but I don't want to be accused to skipping work to go Black Friday shopping, which is a big issue here.

Jerry said...

Okay -- I'll clear it up. A vine is dangling rope-like foliage. (Reference: Tarzan movies)

Actually, that is a bum reference, 'cause Eddy Burroughs wrote that Tarzan swung from limb to limb, not on vines like portrayed in movies. So we can now establish the real definition:P

A vine is dangling rope-like foliage not suitable for swinging.

There. I believe I straightened that out. What other definition could there be?