Saturday, December 29, 2012

don't stop giving me things

It would have made more sense for me to say yes, and go meet Rob somewhere for a drink tonight.  But I felt no inclination to do what made sense when he asked -- and now I have committed, instead, to meet him downtown tomorrow morning for breakfast before his flight.  I do not especially want to do that either but I feel more comfortable with meetings that have externally imposed endings and in this case I feel more comfortable with meetings that do not involve ingesting alcohol.  (And for the sake of thematic coherence, I also find spontaneity less charming than I used to.)

*

This afternoon after running in the cold rain, I accidentally tested the colour therapy option in the infrared sauna.  I knew it was there but never felt drawn to it, but somehow today while fumbling for the interior light I inadvertently clicked the colour therapy button and was immediately mesmerized by the flicking lights.  I couldn't decide which colour I wanted, so I picked the tacky Christmas lights option that includes all three, and spent the next hour with red, blue, and green lights gamboling across my hot skin.  I do not know what colour therapy is meant to do, not really, but having just been running in the cold, and then overcome with warmth and silence, my reaction was to want to fall asleep with coloured lights dancing across my eyelids.


*

2 comments:

Secret Agent Woman said...

I had a friend who had that option in a hot tub. It was odd, but indeed mesmerizing.

mischief said...

Yes, very odd. I cannot find anything credible to make me believe it actually does anything.