Friday, January 06, 2006

Superfluous

In the real world, when I talk, people listen to me. When I smile, they smile back. When I make jokes, they laugh. I don't need to be the centre of attention, but I need to be heard. I need to be recognized. I need to exist.

I don't exist here. I'm just one of a billion pitiful souls who want friends, who want to love others, who want to be loved. I'm one of a billion looking for the same thing, looking to fill the same empty space. And so I'm nonexistant. I am of no special interest in this world. Just another girl who doesn't stand out as being anything different or unusual. Just like a billion other boring girls. I'll talk to myself here where I can listen to my own echo, instead.

4 comments:

Trebor Nevals said...

*shrug* Sorry, such is the great evil of the internet. Everyone's a world-wide published author that nobody has time to read because they're authoring their own drivel. Welcome to the world.

mischief said...

*grins* Hello Rob Slaven, congratulations on being the first person, I suspect, to ever read my drivel. Sorry I couldn't be more enlightening, but as you say, you'll be too busy authoring your own to read mine again anyway. :)

glnroz said...

Nope,,, here is company...Old Boy Rob,, lol

mischief said...

Hah! What a stupid post... how wonderful of you to unearth it and to give Rob the shout-out he well deserved.